Top 10 Headlight Restoration Kit Brands to Boost Your Vehicle’s Safety and Appearance
External factors such as air pollution, airborne grit, ultraviolet light, and similar environmental issues may significantly affect your vehicle’s headlights, jeopardizing your safety on the road. Headlights are a vital part of any car, and any potential damage to their surface and function may represent a safety hazard.
In most cases, washing your car is not enough to remove a gray finish from your headlights. Luckily, the market is full of headlight cleaning kit brands that ensure your headlights look like new. Most of the products are efficient and easy to use, allowing you to clean the lenses in no time. Still, like many other parts sold in the automotive industry, one headlight cleaner is better than the other one.
You might be confused by all the choices offered on the market, but you’ve come to the right place to find out more about how to choose the best lens restoration product. Let’s take a look at the 10 best headlight cleaner examples in 2022.
How to Choose a Headlight Restoration Kit?
There are some things you should have in mind before you buy a headlight restoration kit. Pricing and features play a significant role in choosing a particular product, and you should pick one according to your needs and budget.
The kits’ prices vary depending on their features and the manufacturer. For example:
- $10: A budget-friendly, $10 headlight kit delivers decent results, but you’ll need a more robust product if you want to provide your vehicle’s lenses with extra shine.
- $10-$30: You may find a broad range of options in this price range. You may expect lasting results and good quality, especially if you buy a kit from a well-known brand.
- Over $30: If you have a more expensive car, you’ll probably need a product in this price range. A professional headlight restoration kit delivers stellar results to all vehicles.
Not all kits are created equal. While some products are meant for minor restorations, the others come with multiple features, delivering more lasting results. Consider the following features when shopping.
- Single or multi-step kits: A one-step kit is mostly meant for cleaning and minor restorations, while two or three-step kits may contain abrasive, delivering high-quality and long-lasting results.
- Tools or no tools needed: Some products include everything you need, and others may require additional tools such as a drill or sander on-hand. Tools may come in handy when your lens requires more restoration.
You may also want to consider the overall headlight condition and the kit contents before you go for a specific product. Pay attention to the following features to get a clearer image of what you need:
- UV blocker: Products with a UV-blocking fluid prevent yellowing, clouding, and oxidization. It may also make your car’s lenses look good for longer.
- Type of lens: Certain products are made for a specific lens type, so you should be careful when choosing one. Even though most headlights are made from the same type of plastic, they may vary in their composition.
- Ease of use: While some products are made for everyday consumers, others may require a certain level of expertise. The use of next-level products containing abrasive or sanding may be tricky for those who encounter it for the first time.
- Kit content: High-quality products often contain cleaning and sealing solutions, towel, glove, and sandpaper.
- Headlight damage: You’ll need a more heavy-duty kit if your headlights have more scratches, pits, or discoloration.
Headlight Restoration Kit Review – Top 10 Headlight Cleaners in 2022
Now that you know the basics of choosing the best headlight restore product, we can take a closer look at the 10 top-class solutions available on the market.
A 3M Kit is among the most popular kits in the automotive industry. Although it is a robust product, this is a budget-friendly solution that is relatively easy to use. Featuring abrasive technology, this kit successfully removes buildup and yellowing without damaging the headlight’s surface.
- Great price
- Enhances visibility for night driving
- Restores clearness
- Easy to use.
- One-time use
- Requires additional tools (drill) for best results.
Sylvania is another famous brand in the automotive industry. It restores the lens clearness and removes haziness from the surface. It is a high-quality and easy-to-use kit that is incredibly suitable for sun-damaged lenses resulting in cloudiness and reduced visibility.
- Like-new appearance effect
- Lifetime warranty
- Removes haziness
- UV blocker
- Time-consuming process
- UV protection requires a lot of time to deliver results.
The money given on this product a money well-spent. A complete kit consisting of masking tape, a hand sander, sandpaper, a wool pad, and a protective headlight coating is an excellent option for those who want to provide their lenses with revolutionary coating and clearness.
- Heavy-duty product
- Removes yellowing
- Protects the headlights for up to a year
- Excellent for heavily oxidized and cloudy lens
- Both hand and drill use.
An all-in-one, multi-step solution from Rain-X restores plastic by eliminating haze and discoloration. It includes a lubricant, a headlight restorer, sealant, polishing pads, and a microfiber cloth, allowing you to clean the lens to perfection. This product offers great value for money, delivering excellent results without requiring elbow grease.
- No additional tools required
- Removes haze and discoloration
- Excellent quality
- Multi-step kit.
- Not a heavy-duty kit.
A top-notch 2-in-1 Turtle Wax Headlight Restorer Kit is a great product for relatively new vehicles dealing with oxidation or hazing. It restores clarity and prevents yellowing, which makes it an excellent choice for cars that require minor restorations. This solution and sealer can be used multiple times on plexiglass, plastic windows, and translucent plastic in general.
- 2-in-1 product
- Ideal for maintenance
- Easy to use
- Prevents oxidization and cloudiness from recurring.
- Less effective than similar products
- Short-term results.
With the Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit, you can quickly and safely restore, protect, and maintain your plastic headlights to crystal clarity. This is an all-in-one restoration kit that uses a drill-mounted polishing ball that can clean your lenses in a minute, using a simple polishing technology.
- Precise polishing ball
- Restores heavily damaged lenses (scratches, smudges, and flaws)
- Cleans away yellowing and stains
- All-in-one product
- Reputable brand.
- You need a drill for the best results.
An affordable and quite decent Blue Magic Headlight Lens Restorer is a good option for minor restorations and headlights in relatively good condition. It requires some elbow grease, delivering noticeable results. It can efficiently remove the signs of hazy and dull lenses, but it might not be suitable for severely damaged plastic.
- Removes minor flaws
- Removes yellowing and oxidation
- Easy to apply.
- You will need to reapply the product from time to time.
CERAKOTE Ceramic Headlight Restoration Kit includes everything you need in a single package. It takes three steps to have this product protect and chemically bond to your car’s lenses. Step one eliminates the oxidation, step two removes the deep oxidation and prepares the lenses’ surface for the ceramic coating, and the final step consists of the ceramic coating application.
- All-in-one product
- No need for extra tools to complete a three-step process
- UV protection
- Ceramic coating
- Lifetime warranty.
- The restoration process may be exhausting
- A single mistake during the process may result in cloudiness.
Using the latest coating and protection technology, OPT7 takes your lenses’ appearance and safety to the next level. It is a complete kit that contains sanding discs, polishing pads, prep pads, compound, and sealer coating, allowing you to carry them all in a convenient bag included in the kit.
- A professional product
- Works well with different types of plastic
- Ultimate ceramic coating technology
- Clean and smooth headlight surface.
- No instructions included
- The kit requires extra tools.
Philips Headlight Restoration Solution efficiently removes yellowing, haziness, and dirt from your car’s headlights, turn signals, and taillights. It comes with a water-based pre-treatment, cleaner, shine restorer, three levels of sandpaper, and paper towels. This product promises long-term results and impeccable UV protection for up to two years.
- Removes haze and yellowing
- Suitable for sun-damaged lenses
- UV protection for two years
- No power tools needed
- Customizable (allows you to adapt the process to your headlights’ damage level).
- Requires a lot of wet sanding.
Takeaway – Why Do We Need a Headlight Restoration Kit?
Good kit is an essential automotive product every car owner should have because of:
- Safety: Cloudy and blurry headlights reduce the amount of light shining through the lens, leading to poor visibility. By restoring your lenses, you’re decreasing the risk of a potential road accident.
- Money: Headlights are quite expensive, and their regular maintenance will be less pricey than their replacement.
- Resale value: By maintaining your headlights, you may sell your vehicle at a higher price at some point in the future.
- Aesthetics: Dirty headlights may affect your car’s overall appearance even if they are not hazy enough to reduce lighting.